GROUND - Delivery times vary. Please allow 5 to 7 days for delivery from date of shipment. Military and APO addresses must ship via US Mail. Ground shipping applies to the 48 contiguous United States only. Additional shipping fees will apply to orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Canada, and International destinations. You will receive an email with carrier and tracking information when your order is shipped.
INTERNATIONAL - International shipping is available on most items. We do not generally ship large, oversized items such as Tatami, Shoji, and furniture to International destinations. We will email you a quote for International orders.
See International shipping details outlined below.
EXPRESS SHIPPING SERVICES - We offer Express Shipping Services for many items. Express orders may be shipped via US Express Mail or Fedex Express. Additional fees apply. Please allow a 48-72 hour order processing time, and second day delivery.
TATAMI* - Single Tatami Mat orders are generally shipped via FedEx Ground. Orders for three or more mats are shipped via Freight Truck with curbside delivery. We can ship Tatami to Hawaii and Canada; additional shipping and handling fees apply. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a freight quote. Tatami Goza, and Tatami Mat Squares are generally shipped via Fedex Ground Services. *1/2 Sized Tatami Zen Mats- Ground shipping charges appear at checkout for the 1/2 sized Zen mat. Tatami mat prices include free shipping, except for international, Hawaii or Alaska where additional rates apply.
FURNITURE / OVERSIZED* - Large, oversized items are usually shipped via frieght truck. Some items will be shipped Fedex Ground and oversized surcharges apply. These fees, if any will be included in your freight quote. Any product with an asterisk * indicates oversize. Shoji Screens and room dividers will be shipped Fedex Ground. We do not generally ship oversized items to International destinations.
*IF YOUR PURCHASE IS BEING DELIVERED VIA FREIGHT CARRIER.
Guidelines- In most situations, you will be contacted by the freight company via telephone prior to delivery to schedule a delivery appointment window. If the freight company leaves you a message, please call them back to schedule your appointment promptly. Chopa Zen Home will not be responsible for any storage charges incurred as a result of a customer failing to schedule a delivery appointment in a timely manner. Someone over the age of 18 must be present during delivery to sign for the items. All shipments coming via freight are brought to the curbside only. The driver will usually help you lift the item off the truck to the curbside. Please note the following important details about freight delivery:
1) You will be responsible for moving the items into your home once it has been removed from the truck at curbside. Freight delivery personnel are not allowed to move the item beyond curbside into your home.
2) Additional costs may be incurred if you live on a small street that is not accessible via a freight truck. In such cases, the freight company will need to transfer your purchase onto a smaller truck for delivery. If you know that large moving trucks cannot access your street (a problem in some cities and rural areas), please let us know before placing your order so that we can notify the freight service and obtain a cost estimate for you. For any questions regarding freight delivery, please contact us.
3. Please review your order confirmation emailed to you to make sure that we have the correct name, telephone number, and physical address.
4. Carefully inspect the outside of the boxes and note any marks, indents, crushing, tearing, or punctures on both copies of shipping receipt. This notation provides an early indication and proof that damage may be present. Please review shipping receipt and count your boxes to confirm that you are receiving all pieces. Please note if the plastic shrink-wrap is broken. To guarantee that your shipment has no concealed damage, you may open boxes while the driver is there. Notate in writing, any damage discovered directly on your shipping receipt. By signing the Bill Of Lading or Delivery Receipt, you are stating that the shipment was received in good condition. If a notation is not made identifying damage, the carrier will deny any claim.
5. If you receive a damaged item, retain all materials, packaging, etc. The carrier may want to inspect the shipment further. You may be asked to submit photos of any damaged item.